SOUL IN THE ALGARVE TERMS & CONDITIONS
"SoulintheAlgarve.com", "us", "we" or "our" means Soul in the Algarve, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the UK.
"Platform" means the (mobile) website and app on which the Service is made available owned, controlled, managed, maintained and/or hosted by SoulintheAlgarve.com.
"Service" means the online reservation service (including the facilitation of payments) of various products and services as from time to time made available by Suppliers on the Platform.
"Supplier" means the provider of accommodation (e.g. hotel, motel, apartment, bed & breakfast), , Boat parties, sightseeing tours, cruises, and coach tours, transfers, and any other travel or related product or service as from time to time available for reservation on the Platform.
I hereby acknowledge that I understand the activity(s) I am going to undertake. As far as the law allows, Soul in the Algarve takes no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to you or any of your party as a consequence of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.
I agree to read through the terms and conditions below and in booking on to this event and ticking the box below I understand I am agreeing to these terms & conditions.
I will indemnify Soul in the Algarve or their agents against loss, damage or injury sustained to the property or persons as a result of any breach of these conditions or arising from the fault of you or any member of your party.
IMPORTANT HOLIDAY INSURANCE
It is Mandatory that you and every member of your party take out adequate travel Insurance the same day you book onto this holiday. If you have moved your holiday from 2020 to 2021 this counts as a new booking from the time we have excepted your request to move your booking, and responded to you in an e-mail. From that point our 2021 terms and conditions apply. You will need to take out a new travel Insurance for the new dates 20th - 27th May 2021, and we recommend you do this straight away. By requesting to move your booking to 2021, you have legally confirmed that you have NOT made a claim via your travel insurance or credit card for the 2020 holiday, but have excepted the option to except the rescheduled date of this holiday.
It is your responsibility to make sure your travel insurance covers you for all eventualities (including but not limited to) Natural disaster, National Emergency, Pandemic, Bankruptcy of any hotel, Venue, Airline Strikes, acts of Terrorism, Government intervention, War, any of the previous but not limited to resulting in either this holiday not taking place, or your ability to travel to the holiday. Soul in the Algarve is not responsible for any failure to perform its obligations under this contract, if it is prevented or delayed in performing those obligations by an event of force majeure.
Your booking is part of the group booking made by Soul in the Algarve, we are NOT a tour operator or a travel agent, and this is not a package holiday . Your flights must be purchased directly through your chosen airline. Your booking is simply a part of our larger group booking and therefor Soul in the Algarve do NOT legally hold liability to reimburse these costs . This Holiday in Non Refundable.
No Refunds will be issued by Soul in the Algarve and all claims must be made through your Travel Insurance. Soul in the Algarve cannot be held responsible for any loss or claims, due to but not limited to any of the above, resulting in this event not taking place.
You should also make sure you are covered for any losses, Accident, Illness or injury. Insurance should also cover you for any cancellations to your booking under any circumstances. No Refunds will be issued by Soul in the Algarve and all claims must be made through your Travel Insurance.
(I) The person making the booking, and all of the people in his or her party, hereby acknowledge that I understand that I am responsible to acquire adequate holiday insurance to book onto Soul in the Algarve to cover myself against such incidents and or disaster(s) (including but not limited to) Natural disaster, National Emergency, Pandemic, Bankruptcy of any hotel, Venue, Airline Strikes, acts of Terrorism, Government intervention, War, any of the previous but not limited to.
I hereby acknowledge that I understand that my full payment (not just deposits) - ALL monies paid to soul in the Algarve are Non Refundable.
I absolve Soul in the Algarve or their representatives and any others connected with this event, from any damage, loss or claim arising from my booking on to this event and or participation in any activity whilst at Soul in the Algarve.
(Parent/guardian must sign for persons under 18 years.)
In the circumstance that there is a sudden death of the promoter/promoters on the run up to the holiday, everything will be done by the remaining team to continue with the holiday. I understand that the holiday under these circumstances may not run exactly to plan, and I understand & absolve Soul in the Algarve or their representatives and any others connected with this holiday, from any claim. If Under these Circumstances the holiday is unable to take place I will Claim from my Travel Insurance & absolve Soul in the Algarve or their representatives and any others connected with this holiday, from any claim.
THOSE WHO HAVE MOVED A BOOKING FROM 2020 TO 2021
If you have moved your holiday from 2020 to 2021 this counts as a new booking from the time we have accepted your request to move your booking and responded to you in an e-mail confirming this has been done. From that point our 2021 terms and conditions will apply.
We will be monitoring the covid 19 situation each month as SITA 2021 draws nearer. We are optimistic & confident that we will still be able to put on a group holiday. We are also aware we very probably will be working with some restrictions & we may not be able to put on our usual SITA events due to Government guidelines that may be in place. We are however, committed to do the best that we possibly can to provide a great holiday for everybody, whilst keeping within the possible restrictions & guidelines issued by the Portuguese authorities.
Possible Itinerary & Event Changes
We do not know what restrictions we will be working with
It Is highly likely there will be some changes to the events that you are used to at SITA, as we will have to act within the Portuguese authorities guidelines at the time (we do not know what these will be yet , but we will keep you updated on this as soon as we know. We are committed & determined to provide some kind of group holiday / getaway (for those who want it) There will not be any refunds for Itinerary Changes that are beyond our control, or If our Itinerary is restricted in any way due to government guidelines.
We will be having discussions in January with the Portuguese authorities as to what SITA 2021 may look like., and we will keep everybody updated on this.
We are trying to be as flexible as possible with bookings because of this difficult period we are going through, and we are giving the opportunity for anybody to move their booking from 2021- 2022 if they so wish for the full SITA experience, which we cannot guarantee in 2021. If you do wish to move your booking to SITA 2022, you will need to let us know in writing by e-mail before 15th January 2021, so that we have enough time to re-allocate your room for 2021.
Things to consider
For those who have not had a vaccine, there is a high probability we will all need to take a covid test 48 hours before we fly, (ofr a rapid test at the airport) and supply a certificate with a negative result to enter the country and to show to the flight carrier upon boarding.
We cannot guarantee there will be a travel corridor We hope the travel corridors will have opened to Portugal by May 2021, but if they have not and there is not one in place when we travel (if this still exists) the rules may require quarantine for 5 days on return. (or get a test on return to show you are covid free before returning to work) All of these tests will be at your own expense.
You would need to take out travel Insurance with additional covid that covers your for
1. If you test positive for covid and need to self isolate for 14 days (at the time of the holiday)
2. If someone you have been in contact with tests positive and you need to self isolate.
We have looked at this insurance , which looks like it covers this so you will need something like this.
If you are unsure send me the policy wording before you take it out.
(so you will need to make sure yours does, as there will be no refunds in this scenario as Insurance covers this)
with the additional cover of this
Additional cover you will need if the FCO advises against travel & we still travel
This is a great website to read the best Insurance to cover you for these scenarios
If the event we were unable to take place because flights were again stopped, we would again ask the hotels to move our bookings over to 2022
You could then either move your booking over to SITA 2022 or money to Barbados 2022
We could Issue you a full refund once we have re-sold your accommodation for 2022
I believe if you chose this option it would not take long, as your accommodation is very sort after, and I have already got people on a waiting list/ who are interested in the event for 2022.
Please Note : we will not be able to give any refunds if this Holiday is NOT cancelled and our terms and conditions will apply.
The "Party Leader" is the nominated person responsible for the booking. The Party Leader is the person who made the booking, and is responsible for making sure all payments are in on time. All payments should be made to the party leader, who then will make the full payments to Soul in the Algarve before or on the due dates. The Party leader will need to grant permission for anyone joining the booking, and will be responsible for any changes made to the booking. The Party Leader position can be transferred to another member of a group by the original party leader informing us this in writing of the new party leaders name.
We will update you nearer the time on any covid restrictions for transfers.
If you are booked onto a transfer with the transfer company we have recommended you will be met from the airport at the time you told us you will arrive.The Person meeting you will hold a sign saying Soul in the Algarve. Your Name will be on his list.
Your transfer has been booked at a specific time based on the flight information you have given us, and we will have sent you an e-mail double checking this with you.
If you miss your flight, or have given us the wrong information and turn up at a different time to the information we have, you will be responsible to pay for a transfer to the resort. If for any other reason beyond your control ie your flight is severely delayed (more than 1.5 hours) or cancelled and re scheduled, you will be responsible for booking another transfer at your own expense. Soul in the Algarve will not be responsible for the cost of this. If you have booked a transfer with the transfer company we have recommended and your flight is delayed/cancelled please note there are no refunds on our transfers.
Transfers may not be able to wait if we have numerous different flight arrivals for that particular transfer. In this instance you will need to book your own transfer from the airport to the resort at your own cost and claim from your airline. Soul in the Algarve are not responsible for airline delays or cancellations.
YOUR RETURN TRANSFER
We will update you nearer the time on any covid restrictions for transfers.
If you are booked onto a transfer with the transfer company we have recommended you will be collected from the Hotel reception at least 3 hours before your plane departs. You will need to check on the wall in reception for your transfer time (it may be more than 3 hours before you fly) A list of names and return transfer times will be on the notice board in reception on the days of arrival If you have given us the wrong flight information or if you miss your transfer it will be down to you to make your own way to the airport & Soul in the Algarve will not be responsible for payment of these costs.
If you have booked a transfer with the transfer company we have recommended, and your flight is delayed/cancelled please note there are no refunds on our transfers. Transfers may not be able to wait if we have numerous different flight arrivals for that particular transfer. In this instance you will need to book your own transfer from the airport to the resort at your own cost and claim from your airline. Soul in the Algarve are not responsible for airline delays or cancelations.
SITA TRANSFER RECOMMENDATIONS
We will update you nearer the time on any covid restrictions for transfers.
- We recommend you get an early morning flight to Faro & a late afternoon flight return on the days our holiday begins & ends to match with our recommended transfers.
- We cannot guarantee a transfer if you choose to fly at different times, or on different days.
- If you have booked one of our recommended flight times we can provide you with a transfer to the resort & back to the Airport for the cost (see current transfer costs)
- If you choose to fly on different dates in to Faro or back to London and not on the days our holiday begins or ends we may not be able to supply you with a transfer (at our subsidized rate quoted ). If you’ve booked Prainha accommodation (which is for the week, but you decide to fly home earlier) This is then outside of our recommended flight days/times & you may need to make your own way back to Faro for your flight
- If you supply us with the wrong flight information, and don’t check the email we send you checking your flight information, and tell us the correct information before the deadline date stated in your flight detail e-mail & you then find you are booked on to the wrong transfer because of this you will be liable for the cost to book yourself a taxi either from or back to the airport at the correct time. Soul in the Algarve are not responsible for the costs. A Taxi will cost you approx 70 – 85 Euros each way, and you will be responsible for the cost of this.
- 4. If your flights changes and you don’t notify us, or you notify us after the deadline date stated in your flight detail e-mail & you then find you are booked on to the wrong transfer because of this you will be liable for the cost to book yourself a taxi either from or back to the airport at the correct time. Soul in the Algarve are not responsible for the costs. A Taxi will cost you approx 70 – 85 Euros each way, and you will be responsible for the cost of this.
- If you are going to arrive on a flight with less than 8 people arriving at the same time as you we will not be able to provide a transfer at tat our subsidized rate quoted ). We can always book you a transfer, but there will be an additional cost to pay. Alternatively you can book your own Taxi from the airport. We will let you know 3 weeks prior to travel if we are unable to supply you a discounted transfer, according to the flight details you have provided. If this is the case you will need to get taxis from the Airport to the resort & back to the Airport on departure. A Taxi will cost you approx 70 – 85 Euros each way, and you will be responsible for the cost of this.
- If you miss your flight and/ or arrive on a different flight from the one we have for you. you will not be able to be automatically transferred onto a different transfer. If there is not room on the transfer for the time you actually arrive, you will have to get a taxi to the resort & you will be responsible for the cost of this.
- If you miss your return transfer back to the airport (your times are marked clearly on the wall of reception from the day we arrive) you will be responsible for getting a taxi back to the airport in time to catch your plane.
- It’s always best to book our recommended flights if you wish to take advantage of our transfers for at our subsidized rate quoted ) They are early morning flight out to Portugal (arriving at 8:30 – 12:00) Late afternoon or early evening flight back (departing 16:00 – 23:00) 11. 10. If you have supplied us with the wrong flight details arrival or return, you won’t be booked onto the correct transfer you will then be responsible for the cost of a taxi.
- If you have chosen to book a flight outside of our recommended flight times (early morning outbound, late afternoon/evening inbound)
We are unable to guarantee we can offer you a club transfer to the welcome party on the first day.
If you miss our club transfers over the welcome party, you will need to make your own way over at your own expense.
Transfers are non-refundable if you are unable to utilise them due to your flight arrival time.
- Please check the accommodation type you have booked, and fully read the description on the website. We will NOT be able to change your accommodation on the day of arrival as this event has fully Sold Out. We will try to ensure the apartments for our group are clustered together. However we cannot guarantee this.
- We reserve the right to withdraw your chosen accommodation type after your booking, if we are no longer able to supply it. Ie if the owner wished to occupy, if the property needs maintenance or for any other reason, if this happens we will supply you with the very best alternative we have for your party (this could mean your party could be split over 2 apartments)
- On Check in (for your accommodation at Prainha ) a deposit of 250 euros per room will be required, this does not have to be cash, you can Leave an open Credit Card to cover this, so not to use your holiday money. All deposits / cc slips/ will be returned on checkout.
- The group leader of each Apartment will need to collect everyone’s passports of those who are in their accommodation and take them to the desk. (do this on the coach to be ready for check in)
- The Party Leader will sign in on arrival and collect the keys for the Apartment CLUB PASSES Your Club Passes will be issued when you arrive in Portugal Please look after your pass. You will need to wear your pass to ALL EVENTS even onsite. We will not be able to give admission to people without Passes. Passes will need to be worn at all events. To gain entry to the clubs This is to ensure that we have no persons attending that have not paid for the event. There will be security on the door of the clubs checking passes. Lost passes will be charged at 40 euros for a replacement.
ONSITE VENUES & LADIES FOOT WEAR We have 2 onsite venues that we DO NOT RECOMMEND that you wear heels or wedges to. This is for your own safety.
- Cliff Top Pool – This has a staircase leading down to it, and is set on a grass bank (wear flats or flip flops for your own safety)
- Canico (cave Bar) This also has steps leading down, then a lift. This venue is also set on the beach Be extra careful when visiting these venues with you footwear.
Your safety is our first consideration. Please help us to help you. Be responsible at all times.
At Soul in the Algarve we promote responsible drinking.
If you do chose to drink alcohol, please do so in a responsible, safe, sensible, and healthy way. Please remember if you have an accident whilst under the influence of alcohol you may not be covered by your holiday insurance company. Soul in the Algarve cannot be held responsible for any accidents loss or injurys.
POLITE REMINDER All the bar owners on and off site clubs have asked us to politely remind you that you are NOT ALLOWED to bring any drinks into the venues there will be security checking bags on the doors.
SMOKING BAN As in England there is also a smoking ban in Portugal this started in January 2008 smoking is not permitted inside clubs or inside any public places.
Smoking is NOT permitted in the outdoor venues, if under the Canopy.
Although the below is common sense, the following guidelines should be used in reviewing your security whilst on any holiday or Trip. Soul in the Algarve or Prainha cannot be held responsible for any losses. You are responsible for keeping your personal belongings safe at all times.
Security Guidelines · Place valuables--money, jewellery, air plane tickets, credit cards, passport-in a hotel safe deposit box or room safe. All accommodation is equipped with a SAFE, you can hire the safe key for a 25 euros deposit then 15 euros charge for week (a small price to pay to protect your valuables) · Secure your Apartment / villa, Make sure all windows and doors in your apartment/villa are locked when you go out. · Keep doors locked especially at night when you or friends are in the apartment/villa · Even when you are in, never leave valuables in your hotel room exposed or unattended, even in a locked suitcase. · Don't leave keys "hidden" outside the Apartment. If you don’t have enough to go round. Leave your key in reception · Close and lock all windows and doors · Whilst out and about or at any of our Venues, keep personal and valuable Items with you at all Times. · If carrying a handbag, keep it in front of you. · Keep valuables out of sight and luggage close at hand. If closed, with the fastening toward your body. Keep a wallet in your front trouser pocket · Remember ! If there was a theft your holiday insurance may not pay out if these simple guidelines are NOT followed.
The itinerary is subject to change without notification but all attempts will be made to do so if any changes occur. All Information correct at time of printing – although changes may occur during the week, due to Weather Conditions, Tides, or anything else that may be beyond our control. We will always do our utmost to offer the best possible alternative, and to keep you informed should this occur. Soul in the Algarve cannot be held responsible for situations beyond our control. Please check the notice board in reception & your Mobile phone for Texts for possible changes to the itinerary throughout the week.We reserve the right to change the Itinerary, or any of its content, DJs, or Venues, Throughout the week. Please keep your phone to hand for text updates, and check the notice board in reception for possible changes to the itinerary
You will indemnify Soul in the Algarve or their agents against loss, damage or injury sustained to yourself onsite or offsite anywhere else in portugal throughout the duration of your stay.
Please Note : ALL Deposits are Non refundable. This includes first deposits paid in Portugal & 2nd deposits paid in July, and at any time, first and second deposits are paid.
(For bookings that have been moved over to 2021 form 2020 due to the Covid19 crisis, the full amount paid is NON REFUNDABLE, should you have to cancel your 2021 booking you would need to make a claim via your travel insurance.
This also includes deposits paid for event passes only that do not include accommodation .
Deposits taken in Portugal in Euros will be converted into the sterling amount at the exchange rate of date when received.
Holiday Cancellation Insurance is not included in the price of the holiday & Soul in the Algarve strongly recommend you take out annual travel insurance to cover your costs should you have to cancel your booking. You should have holiday insurance in place when you book this event.
Please Note : if a member (or members) of your party drops out of your accommodation, the accommodation costs go up, per person. The person who drops out will lose all deposits(or full amount paid if this is a booking that has been moved from 2020 to 2021)
If they are cancelling the booking with us & the remaining member/s of the party in the accommodation will be responsible to pay these updated accommodation costs in full. If the payments are not received before the specified time, Soul in the Algarve reserves the right to cancel the booking, and all deposits for that accommodation will be lost. A partial refund (minus deposit and fees) will only be made if Soul in the Algarve is able to re-let the accommodation for the period concerned.
Please note Refunds cannot be made on cancellations of individuals if the accommodation has not become free to re-let. Soul in the Algarve must be notified of cancellation in writing prior to the commencement date of the holiday.
We strongly recommend you take out your own cancellation insurance.
For those who have moved their booking from 2020 to 2021 no refunds can be made. You will need to claim from your Holiday Travel Insurance, we can however move your booking to 2022 if you let us know before 15th January 2021, or supply you with a letter of non attendance to present to your insurance company. If full payment for your booking by all of your party has not been received by the final due date in your e-mail Soul in the Algarve reserves the right to cancel your booking, and your deposits will be lost.
Luggage issues on coaches Increasing number of customers are bringing extra luggage We have had issues in the past fitting the luggage on the coaches as the allocation on the coach is 1 case plus a cabin bag case. Bringing extra Luggage In the interest of fairness, those with an extra suitcase over the size of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (cabin bag size) May have to pay an extra fee in regards to transporting their luggage from the airport to the complex if space becomes unavailable.
Please Note 1. Those with one suitcase and one cabin size luggage will have priority boarding the coach. 2. In the instance of luggage overcrowding, those with extra luggage will be aided by a member of staff in transferring their luggage to their desired complex. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
You will indemnify Soul in the Algarve or their agents against loss, damage or injury sustained to yourself onsite or offsite anywhere else in Portugal throughout the duration of your stay.
SCOPE OF OUR SERVICE
Through the Platform, we SoulintheAlgarve.com and its affiliate (distribution) partners provide an online platform through which Suppliers can advertise their products and service for reservation, and through which visitors of the Platform can make such reservations (i.e. the reservation service). By making a reservation through SoulintheAlgarve.com, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship directly with the Supplier with which you make a reservation or purchase a product or service (as applicable).
From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the Supplier, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant Supplier(s) and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the Supplier.
When rendering our Service, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by Suppliers. Each Supplier remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates and availability) displayed on our Platform. Our Platform does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or (star) rating of any Supplier (or its facilities, venue, products or services) made available.
Our Service is made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, reservations, tickets, products or services available on our Platform for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose
These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services directly or indirectly (through distributors) made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as the "website") and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
These pages, the content and infrastructure of these pages, and the online reservation service provided on these pages and through the website are owned, operated and provided by soulinthealgarve.com and are provided for your personal, non-commercial use only, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
I hereby acknowledge that
By ticking the terms and conditions box I am agreeing to all of the above.