RE SITA 2021
Exceptional travel advisory notice
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) now advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide.
We are following guidelines set out by the FCO & the Government
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented international border closures and other restrictions. All countries may restrict travel without notice.
Your Health and safety is and always will be our first concern
Things to consider for SITA 2021
There is a high probability we will all need to take a covid test 48 hours before we fly, and bring a certificate with a negative result to enter the country and to show to the flight carrier upon boarding
We hope all rapid tests will be full available by the time we fly.
We cannot guarantee there will be a travel corridor in place when we travel (if this still exists) and therefore the rules may require quarantine for 14 days on return. (or get a test on return to show you are covid free before returning to work)
You would need to take out travel Insurance with additional covid that covers your for
1. If you test positive for covid and need to self isolate for 14 days (at the time of the holiday)
2. If someone you have been in contact with tests positive and you need to self isolate.
We have looked at this insurance , which looks like it covers this so you will need something like this.
If you are unsure send me the policy wording before you take it out.
(so you will need to make sure yours does, as there will be no refunds in this scenario as Insurance covers this)
with the additional cover of this
Additional cover you will need if the FCO advises against travel & we still travel
This is a great website to read the best Insurance to cover you for these scenarios
If the event we were unable to take place because flights were again stopped, we would again ask the hotels to move our bookings over to 2022
You could then either move your booking over to SITA 2022 or money to Barbados 2022
This is the current situation on the Gov.uk website
SITA is still 5 months away and we know a lot can happen in 5 months, so we are feeling Optimistic right now!
We hope for the best, and have our fingers crossed that the rapid test system is widely available by that time
allowing us to continue with SITA even with some restrictions.
Possible Itinerary & Event Changes
We do not know what restrictions we will be working with
It Is highly likely there will be some changes to the events that you are used to at SITA, as we will have to act within the Portuguese authorities guidelines at the time (we do not know what these will be yet , but we will keep you updated on this as soon as we know. We are committed & determined to provide some kind of group holiday / getaway (for those who want it)
If we are in the same situation as we are now
We do hope to provide some kind of group holiday even if we have to do this under restrictions, and we are having discussions as to what this may look like.
We are trying to be as flexible as possible with your bookings because of this difficult period we are going through,
We would usually be putting SITA 2022 on sale in January 2021 we have decided not to do this until March 2021 ,
In order to give anyone the opportunity to move their booking from 2021- 2022 if they so wish .
We will need to know by 15th January 2021 if you wish to move your booking
If you are already feeling unsure about next year, and don’t feel you want to go If you tell us in writing before 15th January
We can either
1 Move your booking to SITA 2022
2 Move it to Barbados October 2022
If you do wish to do this we will need to know before 15th January, so we can re-allocate your room for 2021